Migration: emigration, immigration and re-migration
Tax related consequences apply to all forms of migration – both for your privately and for your business. Whether you immigrate to the Netherlands, emigrate abroad or you re-migrate to the Netherlands.
The various points for consideration in the various forms of migration:
- Establishing your residence for tax purposes based on national laws and tax treaties;
- Submitting the correct tax return forms;
- Determining which country is entitled to levy taxes over your income from employment, pension, savings, shares or company profits;
- Determining in which country you are insured according to its regulations;
- Determining to which country your contribution to social security must be paid;
- Determining the fiscal acquisition prices of shares;
- Determining whether any exit levies apply to you in case of profits from your company or shares in companies in which you have considerable interest;
- Determining which consequences of migration might affect the establishment place and actual management of your company;
- Examining whether there are consequences resulting from any suspended assessments that were imposed or will be imposed.
accon■avm can advise you about the fiscal consequences of migrating and supervise the entire track for you. Contact one of the specialists in international tax advice via firstname.lastname@example.org .